Influences

Friday, 10 December 2010

10/12/2010

It's very difficult to start a new blog, however our University degree now requires one, and I thought it would be a nice way to document my ventures from University and beyond. 


Second year has been a lot of fun so far, and I have learned a great deal in the first few months alone. I now know how to poly model, use physique and I have had some experience with Lighting and texturing, which are all things I have never done before.


I can also animate, and I have been struggling to decide which to specialize in. So for the Minor project I chose to animate (Character animation, it was a lot of fun.) And for the Major I decided to choose the art strand. In my final year, I wish to combine the two and create a short film, which I will develop over summer. 


Along side university work, I also have my own projects. Which are mainly portrait paintings/drawings of famous people. I eventually hope to get some commissions in the near future.   


I will also post links, tips and tricks that I find a long the way, and good tutorials. I love to read around the subject, and I am starting to collect a few books, both on animation and modeling/texturing. 


My goal is to work in industry as an artist or compositor. 

No comments: