Influences

Sunday, 30 October 2011

New Year, Revamped Blog

This year I decided to revamp by blog a bit, and I'm going to try and keep my blig posts regular.
As I mentioned in my last post, I spent most of the summer in the States, Working at a childrens summer camp in Massachusetts. It was an amazing experience and I gained a lot of confidence in myself and made lots of new friends. I left the day after the glammies, and I got back a week before we started third year. It was the longest time I had been away from home for, and the first time I'd been out of the country by myself. It was quite the experience, but I think If I hadn't done that then I wouldn't be as comfortable as I am now of the thought of having to pursue work abroad, which I believe is a very real opportunity, and one which I am going to activley chase.

America gave me inspiration for my first university project actually, which was environment modelling in Maya. I found this project quite difficult, all though it was mainly due to the fact that I hadn't used Maya before. But I got a lot out of it, and I think my Second environment was a lot better than my first. I scaled it down to a manageable size (we had 3 weeks, one of which was research and concept design.)
There is still work to be done, I think if I have any time at the end of the year I will go back and edit it for my final reel.

Here are some renders:






 

No comments: