Influences

Friday, 9 December 2011

Hugh Laurie Project Finished (For the time being)

Well, the deadlines been and gone, and I can't say that was my most successful project I have ever done. In fact I think it went pretty badly.
My Mudbox file was corrupted and I lost about 2 days of work, and it didn't look like I had spent a lot of time on it even though I had. Here are some renders though.






Ah well. I guess I'd rather mess up now than in my major project. Speaking of which, I have changed my idea.... again! 

Basically, I want to do a compositing project. In Cardiff, there are several Tudor pubs/houses. I'm going to get up early in the morning (Sunrise will be a nice time to film) and film the street. I'm then going to replace the modern buildings/roads with tudor houses and make it look like it's gone back in time. I'm very excited about this project as I think it could look really cool, especially if I make a lot of render passes to get it looking realistic. This will be my main project, and I'm giving myself 6 weeks for it.  I found this Doctor Who concept sheet to give you an idea of what I'm trying to achieve. 


This is a photo taken in Cardiff City Center: 



Saturday, 3 December 2011

Hugh Laurie Project- Update

Hello blog!

I have an update on Hugh Laurie.

The model is going okay, there's a few things I need to fix, for example his waist/ side it too curvy for a bloke and I need to pull his legs in a bit. The texture on the face is looking okay but I'm having issues with the blazer, I hope I can sort that out tomorrow.

Here are my unwraps (which are a little strange in some places, but this is only the second time I have unwrapped a character, so I'm hoping to get better by the end of the year!)



And here are some stills from Mudbox:



 This is how I've been using a combination of photoshop and mudbox to texture: